COVID-19 Guest Information for Upcoming Rushmore Plaza Civic Center Events
Our top priority remains the health and safety of all participants including attendees, exhibitors, staff, industry partners, and others involved in events being held at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and prioritize our existing health and safety elements and protocols, as well as the precautionary guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We have been coordinating with show promoters, event coordinators, along with federal, regional and local health officials to maintain safety and security for all of our guests and employees. At this time the venue is not open to the public and there are no public events occuring. As cancellations occur ticket holders will be notified and refunds will be given if the show meets refund parameters.
We will continue to monitor the recommendations of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) response to and guidance about the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). RPCC will follow the guidance of the CDC and the State of South Dakota about managing events accordingly. RPCC recommends that all RPCC event attendees follow the respective national agencies' travel guidance, including if you become ill to abstain from travel and not participate in public events.
For any of you who would like more information about the Coronavirus, frequently asked questions, or how to mitigate the transmission of the disease, we are providing the following links for your review: CDC Coronavirus Fact Sheet 1 and CDC Coronavirus Fact Sheet 2 and local information from Monument Health.
We are also taking additional precautionary measures throughout Rushmore Plaza Civic Center, including:
- Cleaning staff and additional cleaning and sanitization processes and elements have been added to each event and cover all areas of the Civic Center.
- Additional hand-sanitizer has been placed throughout the facility.
- Signage and reminders for personal hygiene and handwashing have been placed throughout the facility.
- Increased sanitization of public touch points, including elevator buttons, hand rails and door knobs.
In addition to all staff members here at the Civic Center, we also ask that all fans be aware of and use the following guidelines that have been issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home to minimize the risk of exposure.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and clean your hands.
In addition to all staff members here at Civic Center, any guest who is feeling ill, regardless of their symptoms, should always refrain from attending public events.
State A Basketball Tournament - March 19-21 - Postponed
West River Pool 8-Ball Team Tournament - March 20-21st - Postponed, New Dates TBD
Faith and Hope - April 8th - Postponed dates TBD
NCEES Testing - Postponed until October 2020
Dakota Territory Gun Show April 17-19 - Postponed, Dates TBD
RCCA Presents Beginnings - The Ultimate Chicago Tribute - April 18 - Postponed TBD
Black Hills Dance Festival - April 23-25th - Postponed Dates TBD
RCPS Foundation's Evening of Excellence - April 27th - Postponed Dates TBD
BHSHRM April 28th - Postponed September 2020
Western SD Hydrology Event - Postponed, Dates TBD
Mayors Early Childhood Development Dinner - Postponed, Dates TBD
Naja Shrine Circus - Postponed, Dates TBA
Festival of Bands - March 14, 2020
RightStart NextSteps - March 16, 2020
Strings in Concert - March 21, 2020
State AAU Wrestling - March 27-28, 2020
RCCA presents Sultans of Strings - March 31, 2020
Black Hills Black Hills Association of REALTORS® Membership Breakfast - April 1, 2020
Sweet Adelines - April 3-4, 2020
Trolls Live! - April 25 & 26, 2020
RCAS Prom - April 18, 2020
SD Secretary of State - April 30, 2020
Beginning Monday, March 23rd, The venue will be closed to the general public. If you need to make an appointment to visit with one of our staff we encourage you to contact us at 605.394.4115.